CKCOJ Board Secretary Position Description
Board Approved Date: 2018-08-16
Effective Date: 2018-10-01
Standard Board Duties:
- Attend board meetings
- Attend annual member meeting
- Encourage members to engage in volunteering for club events.
- Complete bank form and become a bank signatory for CKCOJ
- As needed, distribute business cards to individuals and organizations including veterinary clinics, GHS, and pet stores.
- Update the state corporation forms
- Notice of change of officers as needed
- Registered Agent as needed
- Submit Biennial Report (every other year)
- Keep meeting minutes
- Establish agenda for meetings by:
- Including standard items
- Query the President and other board members for additional items
- Include items requested by general members
- Include items identified in prior meeting
- Send draft minutes out to board for review within 1 week after meeting.
- Update draft minutes with any corrections from board members.
- Send final minutes to the webmaster for publication after approved by board
- Maintain a binder with meeting agendas and minutes, include materials/paperwork from meetings
- Keep event forms presented to the board for approval
- Archivist – keep Constitution, By Laws and policies up to date